Saturday, September 29, 2012

En casa finalmente (Finally at home)

I am sitting in Plaza de la Universidad (oh in Valladolid) right now, where there is free wi-fi. Huzzah!



I moved into my house, or really apartment, yesterday y ya estoy contenta estar aquí—I am already happy to be here. My mamá, que se llama Dioni, is really warm and caring—like a grandmother. She is a grandmother. She has 5 grandchildren. She talks almost constantly which give us a lot of chance to learn.  And she feeds us like a grandmother—“No has comido mucho pescado—no te gusta?” [You haven’t eaten much fish—do you not like it?] But it is good food—and Spanish : ) She also walked us to the plaza today so we wouldn’t get lost and last night took us around Valladolid. We are super close to downtown and our afternoon classes. And I already really like Valladolid. I’m afraid that I won’t want to leave : (
This is me with Bonifacio y Dioni

My compañera de cuarto is also really nice—her name is Mary. And I think we shall be friends. We went wandering about the city this morning. We went to buy shampoo and stuff and got lost, but got to know the city better.

That's Mary :)



This is my room. I have my own room and it has a piano in it! What is this?

   If you think of it, I'm sick, so you can pray that I will get better. I'm happily here, thank God and will hopefully post about Madrid soon!
Our apartment building


1 comment: