Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh I guess this should have a title. Miscellaneous pieces of information?

Favorite verse of yesterday:
"Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread. But the LORD of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he will become a sanctuary and a stone of offense and a rock of stumbling to both houses of Israel, a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem." Isaiah 9:12-14

I really like the part about fearing only God. Because the fear of him is good. He will be a sanctuary. I feel like the part about the "stone of offense" and "rock of stumbling" is rather abrupt though and I'm not sure how it fits in context.

Right now. . .it's 2:30 am and I'm sitting in a plaza. And it's not weird. There are people out, walking around. But it's Friday night in Spain.

I am actually going to Cantabria this weekend with a group of people from the church I went to last week with a Brasilian girl I met the last time I went to a church. This is rather shocking to me that I'm going away for the weekend with people I didn't know last week.

But actually, the lady I'm driving up with is the host mom of two of the girls in our program. And I'll get to hopefully learn stuff from the teaching and form relationships with people in the church here. And practice my Spanish and see Cantabria. So it's all good. Except for the lack of studying that I will get done this weekend. *sigh*

However, I did get a new camera so I will be able to capture Cantabria in pictures!

Also, Mary and I have jobs now. I'm getting paid €10/hr to talk to a 3 year old, a 9 year old, and an 11 year old in English for an hour a week. And Mary gets to play with small children. Yay!

And Salsa lessons yesterday were a success thank God. A whole bunch of people from our group were interested and actually came. And they had a fun time and want to do it for serious! (Well, serious, like pay haha). When I asked if anyone would be interested in taking dance lessons I didn't expect a lot of people to want to, and then after all of the arranging (i.e. talking on the phone in Spanish) I was afraid that no one would like it. But they did! And I had more fun because I knew they were having fun!

First super strong American food craving: cheddar cheese. We don't eat a lot of cheese here. . .

So all in all a successful week. Thank God! (but please pray for my studying too!)
(Bundled up in the plaza right now. And I am going to sign off while I can still kind of feel my fingers :)

2 comments:

  1. The way your hood drapes in this picture creates an interesting look, IMHO. Did you notice it before taking the picture or is it just a happy accident?

    ReplyDelete