I am done with my first midterm! Woot!!
(which is why I haven't posted recently. I've actually been studying. Yay! Praise God!)
Mary and I are sitting in the corner bar. Haha I just realized we have a corner bar. But it's literally 3 buildings away from our apartment, so this is where we go to wif when it's raining. So I'm enjoying a glass of white wine and the free snackies they give us when we order drinks.
But Mary and I were sitting over by the window, and the bartender came over to tell us the table in the corner where we normally sit was open if we wanted to move there. We're becoming regulars. : )
(Also this place has paper towels in the bathroom which gives it extra points. Spain--is greener, but it also means that most bathrooms have hand dryers instead of paper towels. Fine and good--I'm all for saving paper. But they're not good hand dryers, so I've given up even trying to use them. So bathrooms with paper towels get extra points.)
It's cold here (high of 12ÂșC). And it's only fall. But it's gotten to freezing a few times. And I bought new rainboots today as well as another €2 umbrella. (I can buy eight €2 umbrellas before it becomes more expensive than most nice umbrellas here, so if I make each one last a week, it's worth it.) But I've been missing California. I like the sun. But I'm in Spain so I shouldn't complain.
Tomorrow morning we leave for Seville and Granada so it should be nice and warm there. Well nice and warmer although it is supposed to rain. (Thus the rain boots)
So that's what's happening here. I'm halfway through my time here as of today. Today, and yesterday, I feel like I'm only halfway through and I want to go home sooner. But I know that soon it won't feel like there is enough time left. I must be content here so that I can enjoy the time here and make the most of it! I miss home though.
"Today, and yesterday, I feel like I'm only halfway through and I want to go home sooner. But I know that soon it won't feel like there is enough time left. I must be content here so that I can enjoy the time here and make the most of it! I miss home though." -- Isn't that how we should live our whole lives here on earth? To want to go home sooner, but to know that we must be content here and make the most of our time on this planet. Home is so much better than here, and Jesus is there, but for now, we must be content and live for his glory as best we can -- making "the most of it", if you will. You gave me something to think about.
ReplyDeleteYes! It's just easier to think about in small bits; I have this small concrete amount of Spain to use. Glad it gave you something to think about :)
Delete