Saturday, November 24, 2012

Surprise!

So my "other news" from my Salamanca post was a surprise visit from this lovely lady!

I came back from Salamanca and my mamá called down the hall saying that I had un regalito, a little present. My first thought was, "I didn't bring a present. Was I supposed to?" But then I walked down the hall to the living room and there was Denice, sitting on the couch! 

She had flown all the way to Spain to visit me and some other friends who live in Madrid. But what a crazy surprise!

We had a lovely early dinner, chatting in Spanish and then went to meet up with Alan, Riley, Sammy, and Elai (and later Keith) to go see the new 007 movie. In Spanish :) 

I mostly understood it--yay! But everytime there was lots of action and then someone would speak, we would all be surprised that it wasn't in English. A visually stunning movie with not a bad soundtrack. Me encanta the song from the opening credits (yay Adele), as well as the visual effects. Kind of trippy, but pleasantly so.

Denice and I went to church in the morning. And later we took a walk through the city together. We walked down by the river and then got tea. I got to hear about her travels and how God has worked in her life, before we joined Mary's parents (who also happened to be in town) for dinner. 

Really good salad and fish with garlic sauce and free gin and tonics!

A lovely evening with lovely people. 

Thank you Denice for coming!

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun surprising you Cami! I absolutely loved my time with you and getting to know your host family, Mary, ypur friends, and all the wonderful food we tasted! Your Spanish has really improved and I'm confident it will serve you well. Now you and your Mama can practice together! Always here for you and can't wait to see you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete