Today I am going to try and give you normal view of what a day looks like. Kind of. I was enthusiastic at the beginning of the day and kind of slacked off. So here is our walk to school:
 |
| Mary and crunchy leaves. |
Grr. We walk through the science building after this because it really is a shortcut, which we discovered about 2 weeks ago. Plus its warm. Unfortunately the picture didn't upload. But that's ok. It's not that exciting looking. As Gabby commented, it looks just like Cal Poly and even smells like the science building at Cal Poly. I was also struck, as I walked through one day, that that is where the Spanish nerds are. And that I don't really know any Spanish nerds. And the people I hang out with here, are not my usual people, because I tend to congregate with nerds. And that it's been cool to get to know people from many other groups. Ok. Musing done. For now. Ahahaha.
 |
| This is the "backyard" of the science building. Mary says it reminds here of Shutter Island, but I think it's pretty. |
 |
| This is Filosofiía y Letras, where we have our afternoon classes with Dr. Hiltpold. |
 |
| Crossing the river Esgueva |
 |
| And the river itself |
We almost ever day see a man walking his dog here, an old old golden retriever looking dog and my favorite dog I've seen in Valldolid. We can usually judge how on timeish we are by where we meet him. And I almost took a picture of the dog. But. . .I didn't so you'll just have to imagine.
 |
| That red building to the left is the Centro de Idiomas, where we go every morning for our language classes. The brick building to the right is the cafeteria, where we hang out on breaks. |
 |
| and this is inside. |
Wednesdays we have a field trip in Valladolid, but first we get free
almuerzo, the Spanish name for the snack between breakfast and comida at this bar. Mary and I had the brilliant idea to order a croissant and a
pincho de tortilla and make two croissant and tortilla sandwiches.
 |
| Here is our creation. |
 |
| And the bar. |
Our field trip on Wednesday was to the Ayuntamiento, or City Hall. So this is the view from the balcony.
 |
| Plaza mayor |
 |
| Also Plaza Mayor |
These pictures are now from Friday, when I am Camila and I go to work and speak English. Although when Miriam, the 3 year old, speaks to me in Spanish, I automatically start speaking back in Spanish, which is not good for her, but makes me happy!
 |
| Crossing the other river, who's name escapes me. I think its the Pisguera |
These are from my Saturday shopping expedition.
 |
| This is the iglesia, La Antigua. |
I walk by this to go to Plaza Universidad and Plaza Mayor and it's my favorite church building in Valladolid. It's relatively small and I just think it's pretty. Especially when there's blue sky behind it. But you know, I like rain clouds too.
 |
| This is one of our favorite bars, also known as "the popcorn bar" because they give you a little bowl of popcorn when you get a drink! |
 |
| On my way home from shopping adventures. |
 |
| This is my street. |
Directly to your left is Paraíso Trece, the bar on the corner where Mary and I are regulars. And after the Telebanco sign, but before the Café y Copas sign, is our apartment door.
After this shopping expedition on Saturday, I walked around Valladolid with Ester, a girl that I met at church, and we just talked in English and Spanish and I got really cold. But it was good :) Then Mary and I went out with our Spanish/English practicing friend Gustavo and some of his friends. And we bar/discoteca hopped until 5am. Spanish style. One of the bars/clubs/things was called Los Siete Enanitos or the Seven Dwarves and was decorated in Snow White theme, complete with a big tree with a face in the middle of the dance floor! So that was cool. Mary carried me part of the way home because my feet hurt from my shoes. Such a nice roommate. And I'm sure we were such a spectacle. Haha.
Let's see. This week I am studying for finals. and then tomorrow I am going to Galicia with Daniella. So that's what's happening here. 11 and half days left here. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment