Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ATVs and Veggie Pasta



Happy end of Wednesday! I realized that I posted at this time last week, but it only makes sense because this is when my week starts to slow down, at least in theory. Only three hours of class tomorrow and four on Friday! But it doesn't really slow down. There's always homework and grocery shopping and open lab to make up extra microbio hours and hanging out with people. . .and I'm not even working as many hours as I wanted to. 
Ah God knew what he was doing in not providing me a job right at the beginning of this quarter. Still looking though. . . 
Sorry about the awkward sizing. I'm not sure how to/don't want to take the time to figure out how to resize it and you can still see it.
In other news, Dylan's mom and brother came up to visit them and we went ATVing. 
Dylan, Shannon and Adam (and my shadow :)
Bumpy and a little scary, but potentially fun and the dunes are beautiful . . .And we had fabulous breadsticks and Italian fried donut things along with our dinner at Olive Garden. Glad to be able to spend time with them : )

I have made it through two midterms, thankfully remarkably stress free. In fact, yesterday I was so unstressed it was hard to be motivated to study for my chem midterm. However I'm off the hook for this week now. Tonight Megan came over for dinner after class. Shelby and Michelle joined us for roasted veggie pasta and salad. Yay!
Megan, Michelle, and Shelby

Making things like this makes me feel like a grown up. "See, I don't just eat sandwiches!"
 Then Shelby had the agreeable idea of making brownies in a mug, which we combined with the need to use up our leftover sour cream from our taco night last week. (I am so thankful for the internet. It makes my cooking adventures so much easier)
This was the first test subject
 We all agreed it wasn't chocolatey enough (also needed a pinch of salt), so we added chocolate chips.
 The second recipe we tried was much gooeyer(how do you even spell that?) and much chocolatier and was the award winning recipe of the night, although the recipe that said it made enough for two servings was more than adequate for four of us. Probably would have been just fine for eight people. Oh well.
Recipe found here: but the actual recipe used is here (and not fat free):
Ingredients: 
3/4 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2/3 c sour cream (full fat :D)
2 t vanilla extract
chocolate chips!
Directions:
Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. (You're supposed to do the dry first and then add the sour cream and vanilla but we forgot and did everything at once) Divide among four mugs and microwave for 3-3.5 minutes. Add chocolate chips while still warm. Enjoy! 

Happily full of chocolate!
So tonight has been happy. 
And because I feel like posting silly things here, this is my current favorite color of nail polish. Its official name is "good karma" but I am re-christening it "mermaid tail"
And to balance out the silly, here's a profound note from Biblestudy tonight:

"Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For behold, those who are far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you. 
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, 
that I may tell of all your works." 
(Psalm 73:25-28)

May this be true for me and you.

1 comment:

  1. Bennett made us mug brownies last Friday. They were yummy! And, I heartily approve of your new nail color name. It made me laugh aloud.

    ReplyDelete