Saturday, March 16, 2013

God is leveling me up.

God is really good at challenging me when I get too comfortable. Or when I'm not resting in him.
This week was crazy with homework and stuff. I had a paper and lab notebook due on Wednesday, along with a lab final--then work and a paper due on Thursday. I barely slept Tuesday night because of working on stuff, but then made it through classes. After work, I drove up to the top of the parking structure to take these pictures of the sunset:

Stadium lights kind of get in the way.

And I worked for a little bit, and went to Biblestudy for a little bit and then went to bed with plans to get up early, finish my paper, go to work, sign the lease for my apartment next year and make it back in time for class. 

Then I woke up at 1:30am to a call from the police telling me I'd been involved in a "traffic accident."
Apparently I forgot to put the emergency brake on when I got out of the car and it rolled down the ramp into another car. 

Thankfully, no one was hurt and my car was still drivable (just no left tail light and I can't close the trunk), but it threw a wrench into my plans for the next day. I didn't go to work or sign the lease due to all the extra stress of figuring out insurance and repairs. But it got to a point where I'd done everything that I had to do and could do about it and I realized that I could stop thinking about it. And I should stop worrying about it, because the rest was up to God. I'm going to have to pay to fix the car, but there's nothing I can do to change that and it must be part of God's plan so it must be best. I'm going to have to pay even more for insurance now, but it must be good because it's part of God's plan. And it will be ok. God keeps throwing unexpected things in and, thankfully, I think I'm getting better at dealing with them? He is growing me. Which is exciting to see. 

And I kept thinking something was going to go wrong with signing the lease, but it's all signed and the deposit payed and I know where I'm living next year, who I'm living with, and even when I'm moving in! It seems too easy. But thank God for how easy it's been. 

So now what I'm worrying about is getting a job for spring quarter (because babysitting will not be enough and none of these tutoring things are panning out) and for the summer. So if you think of it, pray that I'll tell God when I'm worrying about it and remind myself that I don't have to. That I just do my job searching and what's best will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment