As I publish this I’m sitting in the JFK airport, waiting
for my flight to Barcelona. I don’t think I quite believe I’m going yet. I’m
going to another continent, where they don’t speak my native language where I
know no one. Like a grown-up or something. It’s weird.
But what makes it all even more unreal is that two of my
dear friends from SLO drove up to surprise me yesterday! I was just sitting at
the kitchen table checking in for my flight; there was a knock on the door, and
then Dylan and Megan were standing there with this sign-like thing. (I kept
calling it a sign, but I guess it’s more of a garland.
So anyway, I got to spend my last night at home with my
family and surprise friends, eating food and playing games, and staying up late
watching Cars. (I’m running on about
2 hours of sleep right now) And we
got to Skype with Shelby (who was largely behind the whole thing, but stayed
home because she had a cold and didn’t want to get me sick!) and Ryan and
Kevin. . .and we got to take a picture with them. I am so blessed and thankful
to have such loving friends.
Kind of made my day, if not my week.
God has graciously granted our requests for smooth travel.
(My checked bag was exactly one pound under the weight limit and the pins in my
arm didn’t set off the metal detector—YESSS!) But I’ve still got a . . .9 hour
flight left? So if you check this before then, prayers for safe travel and
sleeping would be appreciated! Thank you all for reading! Next update is Lord willing from Barcelona!


Yay! Praying for sleep. Love you!
ReplyDelete