Friday, October 19, 2012

¡San Sebastián!

San Sebastian is beautiful. As our professor said, it is impossible to take a bad picture of it. So I have many many photos I want to show you and I will probably post in increments. I traveled with one other girl from our group, Sammy and one other guy from our group, Dylan (but he was going to meet up with one of his other friends so we didn't see him a lot) We left Friday morning, because we didn't have class and just had a really laid back and relaxing weekend. Here's one of our first views of the ocean:
(Definitely *oh* gasp of wowness when we first saw it. Also, I'm not sure what's with the big square blocks of stone.)
Also, the town itself is beautiful. It's old and interesting--but it's also a beach town, so there was a weird juxtaposition of these old picturesque buildings and barefoot people in wetsuits.


The ocean and Sammy

Foot picture on the beach!

Surfers everywhere!

Foot picture in which my jacket gets in the way and I definitely get my jeans wet.

*sigh of happiness*

Aaaah! So beautiful!!

This is at once a picture of this big ugly building that Sammy and I were trying to figure out and an attempt at a subtle picture of this surfer guy. The building, which looked like an empty, deserted, piece of faded plastic, and was on a lot of postcards, is --we think-- a conference center. And apparently it lights up rainbow. But we didn't see that. Maybe it's because of la crisis. And the surfer guy was such the classic blond shaggy-haired surfer guy that we had to take a picture. I'll admit Sammy and I did squee a little bit over the Spanish surfer guys :)

A picture to illustrate the difference between Basque (Euskada) and Spanish.
 After arriving and checking into our hostel, we wandered about the city and went to a tiny little grocery store to buy stuff for dinner. I've missed salad here. . .so I made myself a fat salad. And took a picture because I was so excited about it.
SALAD!!
And then, we decided we felt like staying in, so we ate in our room and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding and went to bed. I think that's one of the things I appreciated most about this weekend (besides the beach and stuff, you know) was that we slept a lot. Yay sleep!

Alright, I'm going to attempt to publish this--I've been racing my battery and I have 2% left :D 
Hopefully more beautiful pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment