This post has been delayed due to studying. Obviously. I went to Cantabria. . .*checks calendar* about a month ago. But as today is Sunday and I'm still going to the church that I went on the retreat on, I will also use this opportunity to talk about the church.
It's a small evangélica church. There were probably about 60 people (whole families) on the retreat.
| Here's the meeting room. |
| And this is the dining room. And the pastor and my friend Mila) |
. . .but then it started snowing, so we had to come back inside.
| First snow in Spain! |
![]() |
| Some pretty decorations in the hostel. |
![]() | |
| This is Jonathan, Hannah, Mila, and Ester (from Australia, Germany, Brazil, and Spain respectively) |
This morning I didn't really want to go to church, but I went anyway. And the sermon today began with John 4:24 "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." and then proceeded to say that worshiping God=serving God and if you're not serving God you are serving something else, which he related to Romans 6 where it talks about being slaves to sin or slaves to God. So if you are not worshiping God you are a slave to sin--a slave to trying to find your own happiness. Which is what I think I've been doing. But I don't have to because. . ."But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness." (Romans 6:17-18) So that is my encouragement for the day.
And I'm going to meet up with Mila and hopefully some other people for chocolate later today :)
Also, I think Mila's brasileña accent is adorable!



No comments:
Post a Comment