Today was Saturday.
I slept in. Yay! And then I asked my mamá
if she could show me how to cook something since I didn’t have anything else
planned today.
Everyone else in the group is on a wine
tasting tour.
So I spent the morning cooking. I learned
to make pechugas de pollo a limón and
mejillones and Sopa de Arroz con Pescado and Granada
(literally pomegranate but what she calls a fruit salad with apples,
pomegranate, and orange juice.) I feel as if it were a productive morning.
And then I got to facetime with my family for like an hour and a half and hear Tim play his guitar.
Also, yesterday I took the time while
nobody was home to take pictures of the house. (Because I didn’t want my mamá
fussing about making sure everything was tidied up. Everything is usually fine!)
This is the hall. You’ve already seen my
room, so I won’t show you that again. Mary’s room is next, and then the
bathroom.
I feel like it’s kind of weird posting pictures of the bathroom
online, but I’m not even self-portraiting in the mirror, and I want to ell what
my mamá said about it when she was giving us the tour so I have a reason. She
said it’s clasico, that is to say, viejo (old) haha.
Here’s the tiny kitchen where our mamá
cooks us fabulous food. The table gets pulled out when we eat. I sit straddling
the table leg. Usually only 2 or 3 of us eat at a time, simply because of space
constraints.
And out that window is where the clothesline is.
Here’s the living room. The sala de estar. Literally the room of
being : )
So that’s our house.
Also, I
took some pictures of Valladolid on our excursion on Wednesday. We went to
Campo Grande, which is the park in Valladolid.
We saw some 18th century
mansions.
![]() |
| (Cool clouds :) |
| Not a mansion, but plaza Zorilla and some cool building. |
And went to an exhibit of pre-Roman Iberia. And then we walked
through the park.
![]() |
| Monument to Columbus that I don't give two beans about, but that turned out really cool in the picture. |
![]() |
| God makes amazing colors. |
![]() |
| Case in point |
And found a playground. Which we spent a while playing at. Which made me happy that we could still be kids. And I wish I had taken pictures, but I was too busy playing : )















Yay! Thank you for showing us your house! It makes me happy to see where you have been living and to get to imagine you there. I am smiling!
ReplyDeletePlaying like a kid leave no room for regrets about not taking pictures :) I have some cloud pictures for you when you get home!
ReplyDelete