So I pretty much love Granada and am
going to move there even though it doesn’t have a beach.
I went there again last week with almost
our whole Cal Poly group, along with Seville and a brief stay in Madrid. It is
just so beautiful. And it’s warm, which probably had something to do with it.
And I was hanging out with people I liked. So. . .Granada would be one of the
few cities I would get one of those I <3 Granada shirts for.
But. . .I should start at the beginning. So
most of our group wanted to go to Southern Spain and after a lot of wrangling,
we decided that we were all going to Seville first. Then a group would split
off and go to Ronda for a day and the rest would go straight to Granada where
they would meet up with the rest of the group the next day. We sadly had to
miss Cordoba with the world’s second largest mosque, but . . .that’s pretty
much all there is to see in Cordoba and it would have been expensive
transportation wise.
So on the morning of November 1, the night
after Halloween, at 8 o clock we met at the bus station for a 9 hour bus ride.
It was fine, but I vote we not do it again. I. . .have decided to that when
people are going out to get wasted, like on Halloween, I don’t have to go. I
mean, I know I don’t have to, but it’s more like, I probably won’t. It’s not
fun for me because I’m not going to go get drunk and I don’t like seeing other
peole drunk. It makes me sad. And scares me a little. We
even went back to the Lio bar to dance, but it wasn’t even that fun and it
smelled awful.
So that was my small rant about Halloween
and my disillusionment with partying, which I already had no high view of.
The bus ride was fine and not nearly as
insanity inducing as I expected.
| Also, lots of pretty clouds. |
And we arrived safely in Seville thank God at
around 5. Our hostel was beautiful and clean and spacious—the most spacious
hostel I’ve ever seen. And had eccentric chairs in the common room. And decks
of cards. And the kitchen was ginormous and they had a dining area and several
little balconies—I LOVE balconies. Especially Spanish ones. And there was a
terrace and you could go sit on the roof. And it was the cheapest hostel I’ve
ever stayed at.
![]() |
| The view from the balcony pictured below. . . |
Some of our group had cooking fever and
made dinner for everyone (cost split: one euro per person for massive amounts
of pasta, veggies, avocado (!!) bread and wine) oh and lentil stew by Nick.
| Gabby and Alan. |
| Gabby and Amy |
I had already decided that after the
previous night, I wasn’t going anywhere. Sammy and I had decided
to stay in and watch a movie and go to bed early. But we ate dinner super early, like 7:00 or something (I know, what??) and so we had time to hang out
before anyone even thought of doing anything! So we played spoons and BS in the
common room and then, I don’t know why, but someone suggested making a blanket
fort in our room. We were all staying in
this 16 bed dorm with bunkbeds and we had all just gotten blankets so we put
blankets over 6 of the beds and more than just Sammy and I ended up staying in
and watching a movie.
| Yay! |
| An unfortunately blurry picture of Amy and Sav |
It made me really really happy. I think
because it was something that I would do with my friends back home. Something
goofy and kid-like, just for fun because we can! Something that is fun that
doesn’t involve alcohol (probably especially in contrast to the previous night)
Last year in the dorms one of the girls was
on antibiotics on her birthday and so she didn’t want to drink to take care of
her liver and she said somehting like “But I can’t have fun without alcohol.”
And I thought that was so sad. Not to know how to have fun.
But anyway, we watched Monster’s Inc. in
our blanket fort: Mary, Keith, Savannah, Amy, Tyler, Riley, Sammy, Alan and I.
![]() |
| Gah. I just realized there's a bottle of wine in this picture. . .so not alcohol free, but not alcohol centered :) |
And then we went to bed. So happy : )



No comments:
Post a Comment