Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Only my favorite lentil recipe in the world.

As promised: 

For a single serving:
1 T olive oil
1/8 t cumin
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 cup whole green lentils, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup water
1/4 t salt
1/16 t cayenne pepper

Heat the oil on the stove. Add the onions, garlic, and cumin and sautee until they're browned. Add the lentils and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about an hour (probably a little less) until the lentils have absorbed most of the water. Add salt and cayenne and cook for a few more minutes. Then enjoy. 

It's just so simple and satisfying. And you don't have to soak lentils before you eat them, so it is possible to make this on kind of short term notice.

I am also still alive, just very busy and trying to also decide on the direction of this blog, or if it's going anywhere at all. In Spain, I feel that it had a purpose--to share the experience of Spain with you all. Now. . .I feel that because my life in the US does not contain the same magnitude of new and different experiences, that the content is lacking. And while it may be nice for keeping up with friends and family, I think that I would probably rather do that on a more personal level, rather than just putting my life on the internet. 

Not that I have anything to be ashamed of. . .but my life is my life and I think the degree of sharing I would have to do to keep it interesting is not the degree I want to share. Unless of course, I develop a new focus, like sharing recipes or poems or fun facts about bacteria.  

Did you know there are more bacterial cells living in and on your body than there are human cells? 

So far I haven't really thought of anything that's worth my putting time and energy into. So that, and the fact that I'm trying to study and work and still have fun and sleep occaisonally, is why I have not posted recently.

In case you need to practice wasting time like a college student, here is the cutest video I've seen recently, and here is the funniest. I've watched them both multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment